Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chocolate Overload - Triple Chocolate Cookies

My youngest comes home from school an hour and a half before his brothers each day.  That is just about the hardest hour of the day (okay, that and bedtime)  From the moment I get to Shmuli's classroom, he starts complaining how bored he is and he needs to go to someones house (we haven't even gotten our boots on, and he's already bored).  Sometimes we do have play dates, but not everyday.  Yet I want to keep the peace, so I often have to entice him home with a fun activity.  Today, I promised him that we would bake cookies together.  It worked!  He rushed home with a smile.
At first I was going to make the regular chocolate chip cookies that I know my family likes, but when I went to look for the chocolate chips, I realised I don't have enough for a full batch.  Jotted it down on my weekly Wednesday night shopping list and decided to fill in the remainder amount I needed with white chocolate chips.  Next as I started to take out the ingredients, I decided that I wanted to make the recipe more healthy, so there went the margarine, and then switch out some of the flour for whole wheat. And while making all the changes, I realized my recipe had no similarities to the original recipe.  Oh well, might as well change it some more and make it a chocolate cookie....
The results:  a perfect soft chocolate chocolate chip cookie.

Chocolate Overload - Triple Chocolate Cookies

  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup oil
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup cocoa
  •  mixture of  white and chocolate chips equaling to 3/4 cup total
Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.  Mix eggs, oil, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed till thick (3 minutes).  Add rest of ingredients except chocolate chips and mix.  The dough will be very thick. Add in chocolate chip, you may have to knead with your hands at this point, because the dough takes on a almost yeast like texture.  Form walnut sized balls.  Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.  Allow to cool for a few minutes to allow it to firm up before removing to cooling rack to finish cooling process

 


Enjoy,
Chanie

No comments:

Post a Comment