Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chewy Brownies

I'm infamous for not reading directions.  Most of the time, things turn out okay (read, most of the time. Unfortunately, I have caused some mishaps because of my carelessness.)  Fortunately, this recipe was more a hit then a miss.  2 years ago, for my classes 10 year high school reunion, the amazing organizers put together a cookbook that we all contributed to.  For over a year , I made a certain brownie recipe, which was rich, chocolaty and yummy.  One day, someone asked me for the recipe, and as I was reading it to them, I realized that I never read the part about melting the chocolate chips, I just mixed it in at the end.  I still haven't tried it Sara's way, but I still have her to thank for this simple, throw into one bowl, wonderful recipe.

Chewy Brownies
  • 2 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 Tablespoon vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 cup oil
  • 2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350.  Grease and flour a 9'x13' pan. Mix all the ingredients except the chocolate chips, it a bowl (can be done by hand).  This will be a very thick dough.  Mix in the chocolate chips. Bake in prepared pan for 25-30 minutes.  DON'T over-bake!
For a beautiful presentation, use cookie cutters and dust with confectioners (icing) sugar.




















Enjoy,
Chanie

1 comment:

  1. Very funny--I have had my share of mishaps, too. But, this recipe looks fantastic the way you changed it.

    ReplyDelete