Friday, May 11, 2012

Classic Cocosh Cake with Fillings

So how did u spend your Lag B'Omer?  As I mentioned yesterday, we had a parade here, which I got to be by only for a short time, as I have to work around the baby's sleep schedule.  Rain was in the forecast, but thank G-d, it held off till late in the evening.  All in all the kids had a fabulous time, and that is what matters in the end.
As I said in my previous post, I was invited to a Barbeque on Wednesday night and asked to bring along a potato salad.  Anyone who knows me, would know, that time permitting, it is not my style to just bring a salad, so of course I started baking.  Looking into the purple cookbook once more, I decided to try the Classic Cocosh Yeast Cake (Spice and Spirit, page 381).  I made half the batch as cakes and the other half as rugelach.  I made both the Rich Cocosh Filling and the Jam Filling.
I found the pastry to be on the drier side, but it got fabulous reviews from everyone who tasted.  My boys said that it should definitely be made again.  (I noticed some bring doggy bagged to take home to have with coffee the next morning)


No comments:

Post a Comment