kids involved. Feel free to add more ideas in a comment below.
- Set the table. Putting out placemats or tablecloth is easy even for a preschooler. You can have you older kids set out the glass cups.
- Preparing the vegetables. My younger boys like to stand on a chair or step stool and scrub the vegetables. My 8 year old can peel and even chop the vegetables.
- Getting ingredients. My boys often get the spices and other ingredients from the pantry as needed. They can help put it away after as well.
- Mixing. Kids love to stir the ingredients. You can put the bowl on the table or have them pull a chair up to the counter.
- Counting. Was that the second cup of flour, or the third? Let your kids help you keep track.
- Serving. Let your kids dish out the food onto each plate and serve it at the table.
Most of all, remember to enjoy your time with the kids,