Monday, January 10, 2011

Fudge Covered Cheesecake... YUM!

My husbands birthday was yesterday, January 9th.  Originally, my idea was to decorate a cake and arrange with his assistant to drop it off for him at work today (since there was obviously no work on his birthday)
Well, you all know my oven story...  hard to bake a cake without an oven.  Not saying it's impossible, just that it's hard (haven't gotten into the whole raw diet thing, yet) 
Yesterday, while my husband spent the day painting the new house, I decided I have to give him something for his birthday.  I do have  a toaster oven, but that's not very ideal for a cake.  However, I have baked cheesecakes in it... and so a cheesecake it is.
I made the Fudge Covered Brownie Cheesecake from the Kosher By Design Entertains cookbook by Susie Fishbein.  Truthfully, I'm the type of person who doesn't follow recipes in cookbooks and use them more for inspiration.  However, this is a recipe that I love, just the way it is and haven't really tweaked it at all (except when I don't have ingredients on hand and look for a similar substitute.) I do love the presentation in the Kosher By Design Series.
I'm not going to post the recipe, for possible copyright infringement, but if you want information on this delicious cheesecake, just post a comment below and I will try to help you out.
You can check out the cookbook on Amazon:
Kosher By Design Entertains: Fabulous Recipes For Parties And Every Day


At home, we celebrate the birthday according to the Hebrew calender.  My husbands birthday (10th of Tevet)  fell out this year on December 17th.  My boys made a banner to hang in the kitchen and I provided the cake.  Put an edible image of 3 of the dearest things my husband has... our boys!  We made the "surprise" party the night before, being that my husbands birthday is a fast day.  (Imagine...never being able to party on your birthday)



The birthday poster my boys made.



Thanks for visiting,

Chanie

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm Rochel, I blog over at www.barefootandcooking.com . Just wanted to stop in and say I love your 'no oven, no problem' attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol... Rochel. We cannot change what G-d gives us, have to just work with what we still got. At least the stove works and I'm still able to get suppers on the table.
    btw, love the way you nominated blogs.... maybe one day I'll make it on your list ;-)

    ReplyDelete